Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Getting Ready for New Hope

I’m sitting at my dining room table surrounded by boxes of the books, dishes and odds and ends that I have been packing. It is amazing how much stuff you can accumulate over the years! “To keep or not to keep?” That is the question that I am facing right now.

I am also pondering in curious wonder about the new joys and challenges that are waiting to be discovered at New Hope Community Church. I am looking forward to getting to know the New Hope church family and learning about our local mission field in the Fremont area. It will be a joy to visit with you and your families, learning your faith stories, ministry gifts and callings, and visions for New Hope.

Thank you to Rev. Jim Schoon for all the love and leadership through the years. I can already see that Jesus has been doing a good thing through the people who worship together at New Hope, and I am so glad to be invited to become part of it! I pray that God will lead us together as we follow Jesus in the months and years to come.

My first Sunday with at New Hope will be August 9. I’ll be getting settled in the office the week before that. If all goes well, I plan to see some of you at Spirit West Coast! You are all in my prayers, please pray for me as I keeping sorting and packing…

No comments: